Thursday, May 4, 2017

The Bandit (The Stolen Duet #1) B.B. Reid


Blurb
A missing legacy, a stolen son, and one dangerous secret changed everything for them...

SHE STOLE MY PROPERTY

I'll never forget the night I caught her sneaking around my place.  She thought she could steal from me and get away with it, but I have no intention of letting her get away at all.  Mian Ross has a lesson to learn, and I'm going to be the one to teach it to her.

HE STOLE MY SON

I'll never forget the night I made the second biggest mistake of my life.  It was supposed to be a simple job, but it quickly became so much more--one that cost my freedom and cost my son.  Angel Knight became my worst nightmare... and now, he'll never let us go.

My Review



The Bandit, a Romantic Suspense story of loyalty, power between two of Chicago’s strongest criminals & the legacy they will leave behind.  Full of adventure & twists & turns you’ll never see coming, this ‘when not so opposites attract’ romance had me hitting the ground reading. 

Told in first person with some necessary flashback action, the author takes you from young love & raw animalistic, base need, to fighting for survival of all kinds.  The connection between Mian - a spoiled daddy’s girl who has no choice but to grow into a strong, never say die woman who will do whatever it takes to protect her son.  And Angel – a true devil at work & at play born to follow in his father’s footsteps, he is violent& dominant into manhood. He knows what he wants & will reach far beyond family ties to get it.  Off track at times, this is a hard core sexy page turner, that I simply couldn’t put it down! 
 
Drawing me in for what turns out to be one wild ride.  I went from saying, what & wow & OMG & really? ending with JUST WOW!  I’m so grateful for author’s like BB Reid who let the story flow even if it means turning a standalone into a duet. 

Can’t wait for the next installment, The Knight coming soon!

ARC provided by Give Me Books for a honest review.

Amazon US/UK

 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...